Client Support Safety Protocols for Covid-19
This is a living document, and will be updated as conditions warrant.
Last revised July 21, 2020
Covid-19 presents numerous challenges for faculty and staff using high touch surfaces, such as computers. The guidelines below are intended to keep everyone safe as we migrate to an environment where more of us are on campus.
Guidelines for In-Person Support
- In-person support will be used once all virtual support options have been exhausted.
- In-person support will primarily be by appointment only. Some technicians may continue to work from home during the fall 2020 semester as conditions and circumstances warrant.
- Client Support staff will follow all University mandated COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Hygiene and Sanitation Practices
- Wash hands with soap and water for more than 20 seconds.
- Bring hand sanitizer, and use before and after touching equipment.
- Bring a keyboard and mouse or use gloves whenever touching clients' equipment.
Quarantining Returned Equipment and Loaned Items
- Equipment coming into or going out of A &S Computing facilities may need to be quarantined for up to 72 hrs.
- This will be decided on a case by case basis. New equipment does not need to be quarantined.
- This will affect turnaround time for hands on service requests. Please be patient.