The latest enhancements to the new web theme
April 15th, 2019
- Shared Content fixes
- On a Person page, blue links at the top will work even if they are entered as relative links
- On a shared event, the intro text will display on the receiving site when the site uses the "list" view on the events landing page.
- Added a "clear filter" link to the Our People landing page
- Adjusted the font size on the sidebar slideshow in a multipurpose page to be consistent with the size used in that section on artsci.wustl.edu
- Brought back the "See more events" button on the Upcoming Events section of the home page
- Increased number of events that can display in the Upcoming Events secion of homepage to 3 events in a slideshow.
April 1st, 2019
- Added a video field to Article content type
- Upcoming Event and Two Articles section on Home Page no longer overlaps with the section below
- Repeating events no longer show a 33 minute increment
- We made it possible for a footer callout button link and Call to Action link to have the option to open in a new window
- We removed the plus + icon in the full-width home slideshow caption area
- Update helper text for the Book content type to make it more clear how the 2 by-line fields are used
- Updated the icon used for “Subscribe to calendar”
- Images in the wysiwyg will no longer break when moving a site from staging server to production servers
March 18, 2019
- no changes this week - working on Content Share 2.0
March 11, 2019
- Fixed the toggle on the Resources page to move between list and card view
- Matched the style of the homepage "footer callout" to have same style as the one on a multipurpose page
- Added some styling to the webform submission page
March 4, 2019
- Added an alphabetical filter to the People page
- Added new option for “Byline Names” to the Book content type
- Fixed formatting in the Additional Info section of a person profile to remove extra spaces
- Fixed the display of thumbnail images on the Upcoming Events section of the home page
- Fixed a bug on the People landing page
- Fixed a bug in events that caused time to be off by 15 minutes
February 11, 2019
- Maps may be added to Events once again
- Location maps were causing events to break. This has been fixed and it's OK to use maps once again.
- Shared person profiles received a few visual fixes.
- Additional Info section had extra spaces
- CV links were formatted strangely
- Interests were not appearing with dots between them
- Department image was not appearing in some sites
- New date filter added to events landing page
- Courses landing page filter can now be cleared out
- Direct links for shared articles work properly now
- links were not working on shared articles, previously
February 4, 2019
- Users with the Site Staff role can now see content saved as unpublished that was created by other users
- Links shared to Twitter will now show a nice preview with image
- Corrected margins in Additional Resources section of Multipurpose page
- Links in the Footer callout on Multipurpose pages now conform to the theme (change color and display with underline)
January 22, 2019
- Updated helper text on a few fields to be more descriptive.
- Added a new feature for “Resources”--the ability to manually set the order of resources on the Resources landing page.
- Added an alphabetical filter to the Our People page.
- Changed the slide limit to all Home Page header slideshows to 5.
- Fixed up the Anchor Links on Multipurpose pages to include all possible sections.
- Fixed the Blockquote style to display text as centered with horizontal lines above and below.
DECEMBER 20, 2018
- Search results page layout has been improved and results are more consistent
- Clicking a tag/category on an article takes you to a collection of content with that tag in a page that is nicely styled
- Users are able to see and create Multi Image Callouts on Multipurpose Pages (these were being hidden, previously)
- Links in the Main Menu to Artsci, UCollege, and Graduate School now all open in new tabs
DECEMBER 17, 2018
- Courses page will now display the correct courses for the chosen semester with the correct titles
- Book covers will no longer appear blurry or stretched
DECEMBER 7, 2018
Page not Found text updated
- "We have a new website! The page you are looking for may have moved." and given a grey background color.
NOVEMBER 12, 2018
- Changed the way Book covers display to keep the images in focus
Shared Content fix
- Made the "Feed Source" column appear in the "Find Content page"
- Made the "Teaser text" field display on the receiving site
NOVEMBER 5, 2018
Content Share fixes
- On imported content, we hid any fields that the "borrowing" site is not able to edit
- Corrected display of office hours on imported person content on Artsci site
- Corrected issue with the display of the date when an imported event is featured
- Corrected user role permissions to allow appropriate users to access the "Shared Content" area
- Corrected problem with the way department name displayed on Artsci site "Our People" page
Book Content Type fix
- Changed the way cover images are rendered so that they are not blurry.
NOVEMBER 1, 2018
- Fixes to content sharing
- CSS change to prevent person profile images from cutting off the tops of photos when viewed in a particular small-ish window size
OCTOBER 15, 2018
submit button on embedded webforms fixed
- matches the submit buttons elsewhere ( is no longer solid red)
Content Share modifications
- "Feed source" column added to the "Find Content" page
- permissions changes to allow users to see the shared content area
- Department image will be shared with Person content
- We hid some of the fields that are not editable on an imported piece of content
- RSVP button will move with content and point to the RSVP form on the originating site
multipurpose page change
- removed "na" from background color choices
OCTOBER 8, 2018
Replaced "Dark Callout"
- New section offers options of "Single-image callout" or "Multi-image callout."
Image Card links now have option to "open in new window."
- Direct links on articles did not work when accessed from the faculty profile page
- On Home Page and Multipurpose page, selecting a category in the "Video Spotlight and 2 articles" section is working now.
- On Courses page: removed commas that were displaying between semester and year
- On Courses pages: fixed the order of display for sections and subsections
- On Course pages: Instructor names now display on the correct subsections
- Filtered view of Resources now shows all resources with that category
- Home Slideshow with "Event" type now displays in order of event date
- On Home page: Upcoming Events section now displays according to event date. We made it so the template will display either:
- the events for a tag, if there are events in that tag
- all events, if there are no results for the selected tag
- all events if N/A is selected as the tag
SEPTEMBER 18, 2018
- People landing page grid and list view is now showing the "Endowed Professorship" field title
- The text inside of the Search field on the Our People page reads "who are you looking for" instead of "what are you looking for."
- The list of person profiles (used to tag an article with a faculty member's name) is now alphabetized by last name.
- The initial Courses landing page is now displaying course numbers.
- Content areas now default to 2-column. Just check a box to change them to 1-column.
SEPTEMBER 10, 2018
- Home Page sections use better help text when editing
- When given the option to "Add another paragraph" the "paragraph" is now replaced with the name of the section you are in.
SEPTEMBER 4, 2018
Event Landing page now has a button to "Subscribe to calendar"
- If a visitor has a default email client set up on the device they are using, clicking this new button will subscribe them to the feed of all events in your site.
- A future feature is planned for subscribing to one category of events.
- There was already an "add to calendar" option for single events.
Our People landing page can default to either list or card view
- To use the list view as a default, change the link in the main menu to use ....edu/people/list
Direct Link field on Articles now works
Multipurpose-> Dark Callout no longer requires a title
- If the title is blank, the red box around the title area does not display
AUGUST 16, 2018
- There is now an option in the styles drop-down for "button." To use this, create a link, select the linked text, and then select the button style from the styles dropdown.
- When adding images (the last tool to the right) spacing above and below a left-aligned or right-aligned image will be the same.
AUGUST 13, 2018
- A nested menu item will now display without any changes being made to the parent menu item.
- List view of People stays aligned even when an email address is very long
- Choosing a category on the resource page no longer pops you back up to the top of the page.
- Accessibility Improvements
JULY 30, 2018
All of the updates this week were improvements to accessibility.