The latest enhancements to the new A&S web theme
October 29, 2019
- Added a new required field for "Event Contact" in events
October 22, 2019
Added the ability to link to a pre-sorted list of resources
Added the ability to share the book content type between sites
Added "lazy load" (automatic loading of content as you scroll) on landing pages
October 8, 2019
- The full-width slideshow section of a multipurpose page now displays links correclty
- The "button" style was updated in several areas to be consistent
- The "people teaser" section of a multipurpose page no longer has a limit on the number of teasers allowed
October 3, 2019
- Enabled "Honeypot" module to reduce spam on web forms.
September 30, 2019
- Shared event titles are now updating as expected on "borrowing" sites that use the "list" event layout.
- On webforms, the "markup" component is now styled to match other wysiwyg areas in the site (for example, links display with underline and bullets display now, but were hidden previously).
- If an article shared to the Ampersand (on the main Arts & Sciences site) does not have an image, a default image will display
September 23, 2019
- Added new faculty bookshelf on artsci.wustl.edu
- In department sites, the "SiteStaff" role now has the permission to edit menu attributes (used to designate when a link should open in a new tab, for instance).
September 16, 2019
- Books can now be tagged
- A Bookshelf (in Multipurpose page) can be set to display only books with a specific tag ("Faculty books" and "Alumni Books" for example)
- Home slideshow "+" symbol in lower left corner was removed
September 9, 2019
- Corrected the order of search results on the events page so that oldest events are at the bottom.
- Upcoming events categories no longer show any past events
September 3, 2019
- The "Repeat" option has been removed from events because events with this setting will not display properly in a number of possible locations within a site. Instead, go to Find Content and click "clone" next to the event and change the date on the cloned event. You can clone as many times as needed.
- The Twitter bird icon on home pages that display a Twitter feed is no longer a link, but just a static image. The link to the twitter account can be found just below the bird icon (click on the department Twitter handle) and also in the site's footer.
August 26, 2019
- New "People Teaser" section has been added on Multipurpose pages
- Added the option to create an anchor link to "People Teaser" section
August 12, 2019
- Image card landing page(aka "Research" landing page), when in list view, will now display all of the cards (previously it used a "View more" link to load additional pages).
- Updates to U College website
- Person content type in U College now matches more closely with other sites and allows for better content sharing experience
- Addition of multi-image callout in the multipurpose page for U College
July 22, 2019
- Twitter icon in the Social media section on home page will now link to the department's Twitter account (previously linked to the main Arts & Sciences account)
- FAQ page will now display anchor links properly even when saved as "unpublished" (previously these links disappeared if the page was not published)
- Improved helper text for titles and research interests
- You may now edit the title of the Faculty Bookshelf section of a multipurpose page
- Added a module to allow you to send a link to an unpublished page to a person who does not have a login to the site (useful for getting approval before publishing new content)
- Updated the Article content type so that when SoundCloud is used, it displays the SoundCloud player in all of the possible views (previously did not display the player when on a person's profile page).
July 8, 2019
- new options available for non Arts & Sciences branding
June 24, 2019
- Multi-day events now show on the Events page until the end date passes
- Fixed a problem that caused the video section of an Article to be hidden unless the visitor is logged in
- Twitter feed on home page is no longer cached so that the date and time displayed on tweets will match those on Twitter.
June 17, 2019
- Change to allow quicklinks in footer to optionally open in a new tab and display an icon if that option is selected (previous change forced all quicklinks to open in new tab, regardless)
June 3, 2019
- Improved search index for better internal site search results (not search engines)
- footer quick links now open in a new tab
May 28, 2019
- Removed the "load more" link on image card (research) landing page
- Display teaser text in the featured news slideshow on the news landing page
May 1, 2019
- Intro Text from ArtSci articles now shows when imported to other sites
- Endowed Title now shows for imported Person profiles
- The Shared Content interface now orders the nodes by most recent by default
- Checking an email address on a shared node (at the bottom of the page) to notify them no longer persists between updates. This will prevent users from getting lots of update emails. Users now must manually check the emails they wish to notify each time they update a node.
- There’s now a section for the Home Page that displays just events
April 23, 2019
- Fixed issues with direct links in imported (shared) content
- Radio button visual fix for webforms
- Added a “View all people” link to Person profiles
- Added a search bar to the 404 page
- Fixed subscribe to calendar functionality when using card view events landing page
- Added more color options to embedded webform on multipurpose page
April 15, 2019
- Shared Content fixes
- On a Person page, blue links at the top will work even if they are entered as relative links
- On a shared event, the intro text will display on the receiving site when the site uses the "list" view on the events landing page.
- Added a "clear filter" link to the Our People landing page
- Adjusted the font size on the sidebar slideshow in a multipurpose page to be consistent with the size used in that section on artsci.wustl.edu
- Brought back the "See more events" button on the Upcoming Events section of the home page
- Increased number of events that can display in the Upcoming Events secion of homepage to 3 events in a slideshow.
April 1, 2019
- Added a video field to Article content type
- Upcoming Event and Two Articles section on Home Page no longer overlaps with the section below
- Repeating events no longer show a 33 minute increment
- We made it possible for a footer callout button link and Call to Action link to have the option to open in a new window
- We removed the plus + icon in the full-width home slideshow caption area
- Update helper text for the Book content type to make it more clear how the 2 by-line fields are used
- Updated the icon used for “Subscribe to calendar”
- Images in the wysiwyg will no longer break when moving a site from staging server to production servers
March 18, 2019
- no changes this week - working on Content Share 2.0
March 11, 2019
- Fixed the toggle on the Resources page to move between list and card view
- Matched the style of the homepage "footer callout" to have same style as the one on a multipurpose page
- Added some styling to the webform submission page
March 4, 2019
- Added an alphabetical filter to the People page
- Added new option for “Byline Names” to the Book content type
- Fixed formatting in the Additional Info section of a person profile to remove extra spaces
- Fixed the display of thumbnail images on the Upcoming Events section of the home page
- Fixed a bug on the People landing page
- Fixed a bug in events that caused time to be off by 15 minutes
February 11, 2019
- Maps may be added to Events once again
- Location maps were causing events to break. This has been fixed and it's OK to use maps once again.
- Shared person profiles received a few visual fixes.
- Additional Info section had extra spaces
- CV links were formatted strangely
- Interests were not appearing with dots between them
- Department image was not appearing in some sites
- New date filter added to events landing page
- Courses landing page filter can now be cleared out
- Direct links for shared articles work properly now
- links were not working on shared articles, previously
February 4, 2019
- Users with the Site Staff role can now see content saved as unpublished that was created by other users
- Links shared to Twitter will now show a nice preview with image
- Corrected margins in Additional Resources section of Multipurpose page
- Links in the Footer callout on Multipurpose pages now conform to the theme (change color and display with underline)
January 22, 2019
- Updated helper text on a few fields to be more descriptive.
- Added a new feature for “Resources”--the ability to manually set the order of resources on the Resources landing page.
- Added an alphabetical filter to the Our People page.
- Changed the slide limit to all Home Page header slideshows to 5.
- Fixed up the Anchor Links on Multipurpose pages to include all possible sections.
- Fixed the Blockquote style to display text as centered with horizontal lines above and below.
December 20, 2018
- Search results page layout has been improved and results are more consistent
- Clicking a tag/category on an article takes you to a collection of content with that tag in a page that is nicely styled
- Users are able to see and create Multi Image Callouts on Multipurpose Pages (these were being hidden, previously)
- Links in the Main Menu to Artsci, UCollege, and Graduate School now all open in new tabs
December 17, 2018
- Courses page will now display the correct courses for the chosen semester with the correct titles
- Book covers will no longer appear blurry or stretched
December 7, 2018
- Page not Found text updated: "We have a new website! The page you are looking for may have moved." and given a grey background color.
November 12, 2018
- Changed the way Book covers display to keep the images in focus
- Shared Content fixes
- Made the "Feed Source" column appear in the "Find Content page"
- Made the "Teaser text" field display on the receiving site
November 5, 2018
- Content Share fixes
- On imported content, we hid any fields that the "borrowing" site is not able to edit
- Corrected display of office hours on imported person content on Artsci site
- Corrected issue with the display of the date when an imported event is featured
- Corrected user role permissions to allow appropriate users to access the "Shared Content" area
- Corrected problem with the way department name displayed on Artsci site "Our People" page
- Book Content Type fix: Changed the way cover images are rendered so that they are not blurry.
November 1, 2018
- Fixes to content sharing
- CSS change to prevent person profile images from cutting off the tops of photos when viewed in a particular small-ish window size
October 15, 2018
- submit button on embedded webforms fixed: matches the submit buttons elsewhere (is no longer solid red)
- Content Share modifications
- "Feed source" column added to the "Find Content" page
- Permissions changes to allow users to see the shared content area
- Department image will be shared with Person content
- We hid some of the fields that are not editable on an imported piece of content
- RSVP button will move with content and point to the RSVP form on the originating site
- multipurpose page change: removed "na" from background color choices
October 8, 2018
- Replaced "Dark Callout"
- New section offers options of "Single-image callout" or "Multi-image callout."
- Image Card links now have option to "open in new window."
- Bug Fixes
- Direct links on articles did not work when accessed from the faculty profile page
- On Home Page and Multipurpose page, selecting a category in the "Video Spotlight and 2 articles" section is working now.
- On Courses page: removed commas that were displaying between semester and year
- On Courses pages: fixed the order of display for sections and subsections
- On Course pages: Instructor names now display on the correct subsections
- Filtered view of Resources now shows all resources with that category
- Home Slideshow with "Event" type now displays in order of event date
- On Home page: Upcoming Events section now displays according to event date. We made it so the template will display either:
- the events for a tag, if there are events in that tag
- all events, if there are no results for the selected tag
- all events if N/A is selected as the tag
September 18, 2018
- People landing page grid and list view is now showing the "Endowed Professorship" field title
- The text inside of the Search field on the Our People page reads "who are you looking for" instead of "what are you looking for."
- The list of person profiles (used to tag an article with a faculty member's name) is now alphabetized by last name.
- The initial Courses landing page is now displaying course numbers.
- Content areas now default to 2-column. Just check a box to change them to 1-column.
September 10, 2018
- Home Page sections use better help text when editing
- When given the option to "Add another paragraph" the "paragraph" is now replaced with the name of the section you are in.
September 4, 2018
- Event Landing page now has a button to "Subscribe to calendar"
- If a visitor has a default email client set up on the device they are using, clicking this new button will subscribe them to the feed of all events in your site.
- A future feature is planned for subscribing to one category of events.
- There was already an "add to calendar" option for single events.
- Our People landing page can default to either list or card view
- To use the list view as a default, change the link in the main menu to use ....edu/people/list
- Direct Link field on Articles now works
- Multipurpose-> Dark Callout no longer requires a title
- If the title is blank, the red box around the title area does not display
August 16, 2018
- WYSIWYG Toolbar changes
- There is now an option in the styles drop-down for "button." To use this, create a link, select the linked text, and then select the button style from the styles dropdown.
- When adding images (the last tool to the right) spacing above and below a left-aligned or right-aligned image will be the same.
- Accessibility Improvements
August 13, 2018
- A nested menu item will now display without any changes being made to the parent menu item.
- List view of People stays aligned even when an email address is very long
- Choosing a category on the resource page no longer pops you back up to the top of the page.
- Accessibility Improvements
July 30, 2018
All of the updates this week were improvements to accessibility.