Where can I find Canvas support?
24/7 Canvas Support
Canvas support is the first line of support and provides one-on-one assistance by Canvas experts over chat or phone. This service is available 24/7 to all WashU Faculty, staff, and students. To contact 24/7 Canvas Support via chat or phone, click the Help button from the Global Navigation Menu on your Canvas dashboard.
What can 24/7 support do?
- Canvas support can navigate into your course to see what questions/issues you are experiencing and can provide solutions, tutorials, and workarounds
- They can assist with all Canvas tasks such as copying a course, adding due dates, creating announcements, building assignments and rubrics, creating discussions, quiz settings, using video, formatting courses, and more!
- Provide Canvas help outside of WashU office hours
- Provides student support for Canvas
Search the Canvas Community Website
Canvas Community is a website where Canvas users can share information, ask questions, search guides and message boards for information, and talk to other users. To get started, join the Canvas Community and type your question in the search area to view instructions & resources about the topic.
What can Canvas Community do?
- Search to view instructions & resources about a topic
- Canvas Community provides step-by-step instructions, videos, ideas, troubleshooting for all things Canvas
- Post questions and receive answers/suggestions from Canvas experts and other users
- You can also submit feature requests and see updates about new tools in Canvas
Arts & Sciences Canvas Support Team
Faculty and staff from Arts & Sciences, School of Law, and Sam Fox can contact the A&S Canvas support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can the support team do?
- Add users to a course We have access to add Guest, Guest Student, and Observer roles only. Teaching/support roles in WURCSL will need to be added by your department WUCRSL administrator. Requests for 'Guest Student' will require permission from the Registrar.
- Create demo courses, merging/cross-listing course sections, and can also assist with design ideas, best practices, and training
- Help with tools including Lockdown Browser, Turnitin, Poll Everywhere, Zoom, Kaltura, Gradescope, Box, and Zoom
- Create non-curricular courses
- Provide information about Canvas course roles and permissions
- Provide assistance during normal WashU hours (approximately 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday)
Instructional Support Specialists
Instructional support specialists support faculty and instructors in both the physical and virtual classrooms. They can provide thought partnership and leadership in the areas of pedagogy, course design, and educational technology. Big innovations or small tweaks, they are here to support your goals. Note: Amanda Albert is on leave through the Spring 2022 semester. Please contact ArtsciCanvas Support for instructional support guidance.
What can the instructional support team do?
- They offer one-on-one consultations to help you develop a personalized plan that is tailored to your goals and teaching style. They will work alongside you to develop an integrated plan to achieve effective pedagogy.
- Assist in creating a course template to help you create a dynamic online course presence in Canvas
- Our specialists are happy to observe your class and provide feedback and advice on your online instructional practices
- Provide thought partnership and leadership in the areas of pedagogy, course design, and educational technology
WUCRSL Department Contacts
WUCRSL provides course descriptions and details about specific course sections (instructor, class meeting day and time, location, etc.) as well as search tools and current enrollment information that may be useful during registration. Each department has a WUCRSL admin who has access to this system.
What can your WUCRSL department admin do?
- They can add and remove teaching/support roles in WUCRSL (AI, TA, Grader, Support, TA, AI) to your course
- They can assist and answer questions about teaching/support roles in WUCRSL, course listings/sections/enrollments, and adding/removing users from a course (incompletes)
Canvas Department Admin Contacts
Arts & Sciences: Amy Baker, Tiffany Lang, Lucas Heberlie
Biology: Patrick Clark
Chemistry: Angela Potter
Math: Blake Thornton
Physics: Sai Iyer
School of Law: Aris Woodham
Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts: Richard Viehmann
UCollege: Amanda Carey or Lindsay Meador