This Committee is responsible for reviewing the entire undergraduate curriculum of the College and may recommend to any credit-granting unit of the College the addition, deletion, or modification of courses and academic programs.
- The Committee receives for recommendation to the Faculty all proposals by Departments or Area Studies Committees for new undergraduate courses and academic programs. In case the Committee does not approve, the proposing body may bring the new proposal directly to the Faculty for action. At the pleasure of the Graduate Council, the Committee also brings before the Faculty proposals for new graduate courses.
- The Committee may recommend to the Faculty, through the Faculty Council, and to the Council of Students of Arts and Sciences changes in the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree and changes in the grading system.
- The Committee may initiate proposals and recommendations to appropriate Faculty bodies and administrators for new curricula that it deems desirable.
- The Committee makes recommendations to the Dean of the College, the Faculty Council, and the Faculty for improvement of the quality of undergraduate teaching.
- The Committee advises the Dean of the College on procedures in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- The Committee considers such other matters as are directed to it by the Faculty Council, the Dean of Faculty, or the Dean of the College.
- The Chairperson of the Committee regularly reports to the Faculty.