Media & Equipment
Arts & Sciences Computing provides a variety of media and audio-visual equipment available for check-out.
A&S Computing Media Library
The A&S Computing Media Library provides browsing of these resources and a reservation system for faculty. Here are some of the items that can be reserved and checked out:
- Foreign-language films
- Language-learning software
- Audio material
- *Audio/Visual equipment
Our facilities are on the lower level of Eads Hall in the Creative Lab (formerly the Humanities Digital Workshop), room 007. Anyone may browse the library, but only faculty may reserve items.
- Login with your ArtSci user name and password (the same one you use for email).
- After finding the item you are seeking, you may request to have it placed on reserve. This means the item will be filed at the check-out desk in Eads 007 under your name.
- Instructors may check out reserved materials for a two day period.
- Students may use them in our facilities.
We encourage instructors to bring in any materials necessary for their course to place on reserve. We ask that you visit the Creative Lab and fill out a Personal Property Reservation form to help us to track these items.
*Support for departments needing Audio-Visual Equipment for non-class time Arts & Sciences events such as guest lecturers, symposiums, etc., can be arranged by contacting us using this form.
Students may view or listen to reserved materials in our Eads Hall facilities during Creative Lab business hours
Our AV support is provided for Washington University Arts & Sciences Faculty and Staff use only.
- Our equipment is only for non-class affiliated events occurring on Washington University property. For class related AV events, please contact The Teaching Center 935-6810.
- AV equipment and training requests require 48 business hours notice.
- On-Site support/setup must be requested 2 weeks in advance.
- If you have questions about our service, send an e-mail to: email@example.com.